An integrated development environment (IDE) is a software application that provides comprehensive facilities to computer programmers for software development. An IDE customarily consists of a source code editor, build automation implements and a debugger. Most modern IDEs have astute code completion. Some IDEs, such as NetBeans and Eclipse, contain a compiler, interpreter, or both; others, such as SharpDevelop and Lazarus, do not. The boundary between an integrated development environment and other components of the broader software development environment is not well-defined. Sometimes a version control system, or sundry implements to simplify the construction of a Graphical Utilizer Interface (GUI), are integrated. Many modern IDEs withal have a class browser, an object browser, and a class hierarchy diagram, for use in object-oriented software development.
Why Sublime text 3 is better then eclipse ?
Sublime Text is a proprietary cross-platform source code editor with a Python application programming interface (API). It natively fortifies many programming languages and markup languages, and its functionality can be elongated by users with plugins, typically community-built and maintained under free-software licenses.
Capitalize on Sublime Text features like code avail, expeditious find, etc. when building your Force.com applications.
Steps to Install MavensMate force.com IDE editor
2 .Download & Install Sublime Text
3.Copy the following given text .
- import urllib.request,os,hashlib; h = ‘df21e130d211cfc94d9b0905775a7c0f’ + ‘1e3d39e33b79698005270310898eea76’; pf = ‘Package Control.sublime-package’; ipp = sublime.installed_packages_path(); urllib.request.install_opener( urllib.request.build_opener( urllib.request.ProxyHandler()) ); by = urllib.request.urlopen( ‘http://packagecontrol.io/’ + pf.replace(‘ ‘, ‘%20’)).read(); dh = hashlib.sha256(by).hexdigest(); print(‘Error validating download (got %s instead of %s), please try manual install’ % (dh, h)) if dh != h else open(os.path.join( ipp, pf), ‘wb’ ).write(by)
- In the sublime go to View -> Show Console in the toolbar. Paste the above text in point (a). And press ENTER . As Per the Package Control documentation, you should use the code found on the site as it changes for every release.
- see–> https://packagecontrol.io/installation
- .Go to https://github.com/joeferraro/MavensMate/tree/master/docs
Download and install MavensMate Desktop
5. In SUBLIME, go to Tools -> Command Palette in the toolbar.Type the following to install a package: Package Control: Install Package
6. When a list of packages become presented, type MavensMate to install the package.We are almost completely set up. With MavensMate installed, you should now see a new toolbar item for the package.
7. Open MavensMate And connect to your org by going for New project . Do it by entering your org credential .